Did you know that giraffes have four stomachs, or that ostriches eat stones to help them break down their food?
Discover wild facts about different types of animal diets and what animals around the park love to munch on. Catch daily animal feeds and listen in to free keeper talks.
Plus, create your own recipe using an ingredient from your adventure, for your chance to win a family Giraffe Feed!
Share a wild moment together and support species.
Open 9:30am – 5pm every day of the school holidays!
Book an animal experience
Go behind the scenes to meet and hand feed some of the amazing animals at Giraffe Safari, Lions at Bedtime and Meet the Rhinos.
Daily keeper talks
Learn fascinating facts about your favourite animals as they get stuck into a tasty treat or enrichment.
The rest of the recipe!
Find the ingredients on the school holiday handout when you visit Monarto Safari Park this April
Meat and Veg BBQ Skewers
- Preheat barbeque or grill plate to medium-high heat
- Cut vegetables and meat/alternative into bite sized pieces
- Thread veggies and meat onto skewers (if using wooden soak for 30 mins in cold water)
- Combine marinade ingredients in a bowl and brush the skewers with the marinade.
- Barbeque for 10-15 mins, turning regularly. Cooking time will depend of size of meat and veg pieces.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Place all wet ingredients into a large bowl and combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter among the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool fully.
Carrot Cake Muffins
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl.
- Add Greek Yoghurt.
- Pour in maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract. Beat mixture again.
- Add the grated carrots, flour, baking powder, and cinnamon over the wet ingredients.
- Fold together until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into 12 muffin cases.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- For the frosting combine the cream cheese, maple syrup and vanilla extract and beat until creamy.
- Once the muffins have cooled put the icing on top. Enjoy!